Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Book Resource

I wanted to share a wonderful resource for anyone who wants to find a children's book on a certain topic. It is called NoveList K-8 Plus and you access it over the Internet, through your local library. I find it by going to the Lilian S. Besore Library website. I click on Power Library. I am then asked to put in my library card number. Once I do that a wealth of resources appears. The one I use most is NoveList K-8 Plus. If you want to find a book about being afraid, type in" afraid" and a whole list of books on that topic appears. In the advance search you can limit your search to books by grade level, fiction or non fiction, author, Lexile reading level, and other options.

I typed in ADHD and searched for books for younger children. A book Booming Bella by Carol Ann Williams came up as one of three options. It looks like a great book and with just a click, I was able to find out which libraries in Pennsylvania have it in their collection.

If you are not part of the Franklin County Library System, ask your local librarian how you can find this great resource. Give it a try. I think you will like it as much as I do.

No comments: